Be-Be North's Biography
What do I do all day?
anything and everything- basically I wear a lot of hats.
Passions in Life:
, my husband of 36 years
. our first dog who passed away when was she almost 18
, our 6 yr old black lab mix who we got from the Anti Cruelty Society
, my two sisters, their husbands, my nieces and nephews and of course all the family dogs
Mike's whole family
, his mom, aunts, uncles, brothers, their wives, nieces and nephews, cousins, and all the family dogs
- I guess if I didn't like it, Mike and I might not still be married! We watch lots.
My Italian heritage and values.
I love celebrating St Joseph's day. - a Sicilian tradition
Cooking and baking.
I love to cook and see people enjoy their food. I still bake the chocolate chip cookies and brownies we sold at our hot dog stand . We were written up by the Chicago Sun- Times way back when we owned our hot dog stand. I think they taste as good as ever
especially from the Fudge Pot in Old Town, and of course all kinds of licorice
Ice cream - especially gelato.
Animals but especially dogs.
We are very active in a number of shelters. They do such good work and care so much about the animals.
- I have a Dept 56 village that is awesome. I decorate almost every room in the house and the complete outdoors. We get 700 kids trick or treating at our house.
- I love making everything festive, warm, and inviting. The outside of our house is like the Griswalds. We have outdoor Christmas music that plays; I know people enjoy and appreciate it. They always tell us how good it makes them feel.
- We have lots of favorite destinations - Boston, New York, New Orleans are just a few
- We spent our 25th wedding anniversary there and Mike's 50th birthday. It was a trip of a life time
- I love going there. I started going when I was 21 and have been going as much as possible ever since.
- I really enjoy it- I love to win at the slots, and I have been pretty lucky
- I don't do it as much as I would like, but I can read a book over and over if I love it
Listening to books on tape
- I try to listen as much as possible when I'm walking, cooking, whenever I can
- I do it with Lucky and without him. I do it year round even when it's cold - except when it's really slippery.
A Positive and spiritual outlook on life
- expecting good to come from everything - even what seems bad at first
Being kind to people
- it's really important to me - I think it's significance is underrated in life